Collection of your Personal Information
Our sponsors, donor, supporters and prayer partners [hereafter supporters] are a key and valued part of the work that we do. We believe that the relationship with our supporters is a two way relationship and therefore regular information and contact is part of that relationship. In order to do this we collect personally identifiable information, such as:
- Contact information including title, name, postal address, postcode, email and phone numbers
- Financial information such as bank details and if you are a EU tax payer for Gift Aid purposes
- Event location where you registered to sponsor a child or gave consent to become a support of Metro World Child in any other fashion
- Letters you write to your sponsor child
- Records of your contact with us
Sensitive Personal Information
The GDPR recognises some information as “sensitive personal data”. This includes, but is not limited to, information about your religious beliefs, race or ethnic origin and health issues.
When necessary and consented to, Metro World Child may collect details about your church affiliation and personal faith. We also receive prayer requests and the information may reveal sensitive personal data. We share and pray for these needs only in our internal prayer meetings and only upon your request.
We might collect information about any health concerns and/or disabilities in connections with visits to any of our facilities or with participation in any programs or travels connected with Metro World Child. This is done to provide a secure and safe environment for our supporters participating in any of our offered services.
Credit and Debit Card Payment Information
Metro World Child does not collect any credit / debit card information. All credit or debit card details are entered directly into the PCI Compliance System and never stored or recorded in any of our own systems.
Metro World Child also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as postcode, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites according to Website usage.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Metro World Child. This information can include, but is not limited to: your browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Metro World Child for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Metro World Child Website.
How do we collect Personal Information
The information on each of our supporters is provided directly from them. This can be, but is not limited to:
- by signing up to be part of our prayer network
- by signing up to sponsor a child with us
- by signing up for more information at a Metro World Child exhibition stand
- by signing up to become part of our Metro World Child Ambassador program
- by applying for one of our internship programs
- by visiting one of our mission sites around the world
- by donating via our website, over the phone or in a meeting where Metro World Child is featured.
- by using any of our Metro World Child web sites and online services
- by volunteering or accepting employment with Metro World Child
Where supporters show a legitimate interest in our work and ministry we want to facilitate keeping each one informed.
What we use your Personal Information for
Metro World Child collects and uses your personal information to deliver the services our supporters have requested and to operate the Metro World Child Web site. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Keeping supporters informed about the work of Metro World Child including news, prayer requests and special activities.
- For the administration of our Child sponsorship program which includes sending supporters information about their sponsor child, letters from their sponsor child, information about important life events of their sponsor child or his/her family, responding to any questions our supporters might have concerning their sponsor child, acknowledging the gifts our supporters gave, providing the opportunity to write and receive letters electronically and anything else necessary surrounding the Child sponsorship program.If a sponsored Child cannot be part of the program anymore we will notify our supporters and ask them to consider sponsoring another child who we will link with them.
- To contact our supporters to show our appreciation and thankfulness for their support. This could be done by mail, email, phone or text message.
- For processing the monthly sponsorship payment and any other donations
- If applicable: to reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations (only for UK citizens)
- For marketing purposes we may contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services or mission projects.
- To create effective partnerships with our Metro World Child Ambassadors.
- To keep track of the web sites and pages visited within Metro World Child in order to determine what services are the most popular; to then deliver a customized content and advertising to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Metro World Child does not sell, rent or lease its supports personal information to third parties. Metro World Child does not use or disclose sensitive personal information such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Metro World Child may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Metro World Child, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We will ensure that there are appropriate contracts and controls in place to keep your data secure. You may use a third party to support Metro World Child [e.g. Stewardship services, Charities Aid Foundation, Just Giving etc], should this be the case then we may need to be in contact with those third parties to ensure that your donation is handled in line with your wishes.
How long we keep your Personal Information
Metro World Child will keep your personal information only as long as needed and/or required in accordance with statutory requirements. If you have donated we will need to keep your information on record for accounting purposes over a certain time span (for example HMRC requires to keep a record of donations for six years). Hard copies and sign up information will be kept securely during this time. When the information is no longer required, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
What you can do
According to the General Data Protection Regulation you can request the following:
- To be informed about all of the personal information Metro World Child has on file about you
- To have your personal information fixed and/or updated
- To ask for the source where your personal information was obtained
- To request the removal of your personal information from our systems (please be aware that some information need to be on file for certain time periods due to country specific laws, rules and regulations)
- To not be contacted anymore or to be taken of the mailing list
A request can be made by simply contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on your information rights please check the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Metro World Child Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Metro World Child or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Metro World Child; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Metro World Child, or the public.
The Metro World Child Web site uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Metro World Child pages, or register with Metro World Child site or services, a cookie helps Metro World Child to recall your specific information on a following visit. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Metro World Child Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Metro World Child features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Metro World Child services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
Metro World Child secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Metro World Child secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Metro World Child public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Metro Ministries does not read any of your private online communications.
Metro World Child encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Metro World Child so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Metro World Child is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Metro World Child and Metro World Child family of Web sites.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Metro World Child will occasionally update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in law as well as company procedures and customer feedback. Metro World Child encourages you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to be informed of how Metro World Child is protecting your information.
Metro World Child welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Notice. If you believe that Metro World Child has not adhered to this Privacy Notice, please contact Metro World Child at email@example.com. We will do our best to promptly determine and remedy the problem.